Existing Member?

Explore.Dream.Discover 2012

wednesday 29h february

INDIA | Wednesday, 29 February 2012 | Views [546] | Comments [1]

we woke up early and decided to wlk to the old Red Fort. It didnt seem that far on the map but took ages to get to. There were barely any road signs and the roads were not corresponding with the map. A large bottle of water later, blisters, sweat and almost tears from Oresti, and we finally made it there.We really enjoyed seeing the ancient fort and we saw many amazimg palaces which were intricately designed, a museum about Indias struggle where Oresti wanted to read every inch of information,and lovely gardens.

We were approached many times by other visitors wanting to have a photo with us. I dont know who they thought we were!! Maybe they recognised me from the samsung advert!!

We arrived at our hostel feeling very tired. The hustle and bustle had taken its toll on us and we couldnt face a third day in Delhi,so we went and changed our train ticket to leave the next day. We were hoping to escape the mayhem, and after some rearranging at the ticket office, wehad a new ticket to zjaipur instead... The Pink city!

Tags: city

 

Comments

1

The pink city? Sounds like Soph's kind of place :)

  Loulou Mar 2, 2012 10:40 PM

About OandSoph


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.