Existing Member?

5 amigas 5 girls. 7 countries. 5 weeks. This is the travel journal of our adventures through central america. Adios from Jade, Andrea, Claire, Lara & Tara.

Trinidad

CUBA | Thursday, 11 January 2007 | Views [1744] | Comments [1]

Trinidad was really great.

The family who owned the casa we stayed at were so friendly. When we arrived at the bus stop they were waiting with a sign with our names and the old grandpa helped wheel some of our bags in a wheelbarrow to their place. We ate like kings with the best 3 course dinners with fish, lobster, prawns etc. One evening they even organised a local singer, Osiel, to come and play guitar and sing for us while eating. Afterwards he showed us how to salsa- i don´t know if i actually picked up any of it but it was fun anyway. We went out to the main square in Trinidad where they have salsa dancing and music at night and tried out our knew found salsa skills. There were plenty of guys to dance with. Osiel danced with us and I met Solemon- an engineer who lives in Santa Clara (near trinidad). He earns only US$20 per month!!! He pretty much just spun me around the dance floor while i pretended like i knew how to salsa :)

We visited the local beach called Playa Ancon. Andrea, Claire and I thought it would be a great idea to hire some bikes and ride down. It was a great idea until Claire suffered 2 flat tyres from riding over prickles. We eventually flagged down a little yellow coco taxi (it looks like a bean) to take Claire back. Andrea and I rode back and it was a VERY long hot ride!! Soon after my tyre also went flat and we had a few pesistant locals on bikes hassling us for money- saying "peso, peso" Not such a great idea... the next day we took the bus!

Playa ancon was really nice but windy. The water is so much more blue than the gold coast. With the palm trees and the straw huts- it´s how i imagined the carribean sea would look like :)

We planned on going on a sailing trip to go snorkelling and to some islands but it was cancelled due to wind... so we went into the country to the topes de collantes. We saw some local farmers and went for a walk to a really massive waterfall where we went swimming. The views were really spectacular.

Adios Larz.

Tags: Cubana

Comments

1

hola quiero conocer amigas chevere

  MARCELO Oct 9, 2007 8:29 AM

About 5amigas


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cuba

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.