Existing Member?

5 amigas 5 girls. 7 countries. 5 weeks. This is the travel journal of our adventures through central america. Adios from Jade, Andrea, Claire, Lara & Tara.

To Cancun- Don´t fly US airways!!!

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 3 January 2007 | Views [765] | Comments [2]

Wednesday was just one problem after another!!! First we had to wake up at 3am to be at the airport. Then no one working at the hostel knew the number for a cab company to get there and when we did find the number the cab company didn´t seem to speak English (and this is still in America). Well eventually we did get there and we shared a cab with Ryan this guy from Brissie we met here.

We stopped over in Phoenix and our flight was delayed over 3.5 hours. Some Americans are so arrogant!! The air hostess said to this arrogant american "don´t call me studpid". Now you don´t see that at home!

Anyway we eventually got to Cancun after it was dark and I had a bit of a scare thinking I´d lost my passport case (don´t worry mum not my passport) after i´d gone through customs- but it was safely in my bag.

Cancun has the most massive tourist resorts. There is nothing at the gold coast that can compare to what we´ve seen here. They are so massive and there´s so many. Of course our accomadation isn´t like those but it´s not too bad. We´re staying at a hostel called the Green16 and they upgraded us because there the hot water system was broken.

It´s just so great to be somewhere where we´re not freezing our butts off and don´t have to where long pants and jumpers.

Lara

Tags: Cancun

Comments

1

Hi - welcome to the joys of travelling - glad you arrived still with a passport!Have checked Green 16 and the weather on the web to get that holiday feeling. Where's all the pics weve been promised?? Awaiting eagerly. Enjoy!!!
Mum

  Helene Jan 5, 2007 5:16 PM

2

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JADE.
HAVEN'T THEY GOT SIZZLER OVER THERE. HOPE YOU ARE
FEELING BETTER AND EATING AGAIN.
LOVE
PA & MA CORNEL & RIA

  Pa & Ma Cornel Jan 12, 2007 6:00 PM

About 5amigas


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.