Existing Member?

The Great Kiwi Campervan Adventure

Yes, I'm Still Alive!

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 7 December 2010 | Views [453] | Comments [1]

Hi all!  I can’t believe I’ve been gone a full week already, but it has indeed taken me that long to find a reasonably priced internet connection.  Internet access appears to be quite a precious commodity here.  Apparently running fiber optic cables out to the middle of the South Pacific costs a fair chunk of change.  I talked to a local who said her “premium” internet plan cost $150 a month and had a maximum 9GB cap per month.  I guess we Americans have it lucky, with our streaming HD video and hours of aimless surfing.

The end result is that I’ve learned to be very strategic and efficient with my internet usage.  Emails have to be composed offline, and I actually have to write down a checklist of websites to visit in my allotted 15 minutes of time (which costs $1).

There’s so much to write about, and no time to type it all up!  I’ll just upload as many pictures as I can and update you all personally when I get back.  Enjoy!

Comments

1

I hope you are having fun and finding some friendly dolphins!

  Mailee Dec 8, 2010 6:17 AM

About 2pter


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.