Existing Member?

Berglunds Go South

Grand Canyon

USA | Wednesday, 19 July 2017 | Views [504]

Tuesday, July 4

We woke up and drove N on 89 to 64 toward the Grand Canyon. We stopped in Tusayan and biked a MTB trail. Svea stayed back to sleep. Sven’s back break broke- ekk!! We entered the park and saw the beautiful canyon. Wow, it really is amazing. We all biked a few miles up the South Rim road (yes, Sven rode without a brake). We then drove back to Tusayan to the airport where we had an EPIC helicopter ride through the Canyon. The pilot, Chelsea, was great and played great music. We all enjoyed the 40 min ride (with another family from Belgium). Play list: Bob Marley- Every little thing is going to be all right, U2- Beautiful Day, Phil Collins, Best Day of your life, American Hero- Green Day. We ate at the local Mexican restaurant and then we went for a sunset Pink Jeep ride. Kayla was our guide and she drove us to some great overlooks and picturesque spots. We rode with a family of 4 from Pittsburg who was really fun – we all had a great time. It was a long day and we enjoyed a night at the Maswik Lodge. It was great to be right in the Grand Canyon Village for the night.

 

Wednesday, July 5

We hiked the trail of time and visited the Geology Museum at the Grand Canyon. The vistas are amazing! We drove and stopped at overlooks along hwy 64. We got back on 89N to 180 and took 163 through Monument Valley. Beautiful! We drove straight to Moab- too hot to stop!!! We spent a sad night at the Moab KOA- 100 degrees at 9:00pm when we crawled into the van to sleep (with no air conditioning). We were all grumpy and decided that a day over 100 degrees wasn’t a good day to start our ‘be positive’ all day, day. It is seriously way too hot!!

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.