Existing Member?

Berglunds Go South

Steamboat Springs and Salida Colorado

USA | Tuesday, 4 July 2017 | Views [466]

Tuesday, June 20:

After a fun backpack overnight, we drove to Steamboat Springs. On the way, we drove through beautiful Cameron Pass. We stayed at the Steamboat Grand hotel and upgraded to a suite and had a full kitchen and living room. It felt great to spread out for a few days! We spent the whole afternoon at the pool and hottub- a delightful rest and sun soak. We headed downtown for the evening, Svea and I walked around Steamboat and Sven found some great mountain bike trails at Emerald Mountain. We ordered pizza to our room late and slept in airconditioning- both were a treat! 

Wednesday, June 21:

We slept late and relaxed. We headed out for the afternoon and visited Fish Creek Falls and Strawberry Hot Springs. Later that evening, Svea and I relaxed in the condo and Sven headed out again to enjoy mountain biking on the Emerald mountain trails. 

Thursday, June 22: 

We drove to Salida and found our campsite at the 4 seasons RV park. (It was not the Four Seasons- don't be fooled like we were :)). Sven went biking that afternoon while Svea and I read in the hammock. We ate downtown Salida at Shallots and all agreed it was the best dinner of the trip thus far. Svea had the shrimp Mac-N-Cheese and said it was the best ever. 

Friday, June 23: 

We woke up early to Zipline with Captain Zip Line Adventures. We were guided by Reya and Hayden- both fun and great guides. We did 6 lines and we all loved it- a first for all of us. Svea is so brave and she rocked it! 

We then rented a mountain bike for Stephanie and biked in town, ate at Mo'Burritto and restocked our food at Safeway. We biked up Racetrack to Little Rainbow and came down Dead Bird trail. A super fun day. 

That night we spent the night at Wilderness Expeditions. It was 'just- ok'. The toilet was a porta potty and the bath house was shared by a teen camp. 

 

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.