Existing Member?

Berglunds Go South

Iowa to South Dakota

USA | Saturday, 24 June 2017 | Views [496]

 

Tuesday, June 13: Steph flew in, we re-rigged van AGAIN and headed to Em and Mikael’s place in Dubuque. A scenic drive down the river, say what you want, but NE Iowa is gorgeous. We had burgers, showers and did laundry. Beautiful spot and a perfect home for their family.

 

June 14 – Svea’s Birthday, 12 years old!! We bird watched in the morning and had wild pig sausage from TX, solid scores all the way around. We then got to bring the boys in to their child care center, said goodbye and hit the Hy-Vee for road food.  We headed to McGregor, IA for a tour of ‘Spook Cave’. Found a fidget spinner for the kid and an eagle hat for me in the gift shop and soon enough we were in our vessel with Capt. Austin. Small, metal rowboat outfitted with trolling motor up front. It is the only cave tour in the USA done by boat. Very low hanging ceilings and had us ducking low into the boat. Austin was great and we all agreed that it is a must for anyone traveling through. We drove I-90 W and ate at a Mexican restaurant for Svea’s birthday complete with a free fried ice cream. We camped that night at the Mitchell SD KOA. Nice, clean place next to the smell of cow farms! 

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.