Existing Member?

Where In The World

Hamish Grab My Ass!

TURKEY | Friday, 29 June 2007 | Views [5249]

"Hamish Grab My Ass!" - Frenchy CAPPADOCIA

Continuing on from our minor accident on the mountain we headed towards our next site, Imagination Valley which is famous for its camel rock. Lilian, our mad French scooterman, wanted to continue off roading but the rest of us stayed on the paved road. As we were enjoying the sites of Imagination Valley we began to wonder what happened to Frenchy. No sooner had we asked the question out loud that we saw his silhouette whizz by on the horizon just behind the famous Camel Rock. Unfortunately he spotted us, probably with mouths wide open in shock and fingers pointed right at him. He quickly braked, waved at us, and began to slide, literally down the steep incline scooter and all. We frantically began to wave him and down and shout NO, NO but it was too late and as he made his way down between the legs of the camel he left behind skid marks in his wake all over the beautiful terrain. Let's just say the local Turkish people weren't happy with us even though Lilian tried to erase the marks with his foot.

After our escape, tails between our legs, we came across a pigeon house. Back in the day the locals carved out homes at the top of the rock formations, resembling bird or pigeon homes. We (as in me and Frenchy) decided to try to scale to the top. Unfortunately the 1st few hand/foot holes were worn smooth. Frency decided to climb it as the original settlers would have, in his barefeet. I opted to leave my Vans on because I don't think my soles are as tough as theirs were, at least I hope not. Once we reached the top the view over the valley was beautiful. You could even see Imagination Valley but, fortunately, not Lilian's burn marks. Perhaps it's my size, or the fact that I love to climb, or that I am part Pacific Islander (my mom has got skills when it comes to climbing coconut trees) but I quickly escalated down the rock face and when I reached the smooth holes I easily jumped into J's arms. Frenchy, on the other hand, had some seriuos issues. His downward attempt was much, much slower, required guidance from us on the ground, and eventually he was stuck. Poor Frenchy.

Time to use your imagination again:

A big Frech guy who has plastered himself flat against the rock. His hands and feet are in dugout holes while all of his muscles are quivering and you can see the sweat beading up on his body. Now he was only about a meter and a half from the top of the nearest large, rock but since he had taken his shoes off his feet were too tender and already scraped up. From that distance he was unable to drop down onto the pokey, hard rock. That's when the cry for help came but it wasn't an ordinary cry for help. It was and I quote in a shaky, high pitched shrill "Hamish grab my ASS! It's not a sex thing!" Of course our immediate response was full on hysterics. J, Hamish, Amanda, and I were laughing so hard tears were coming from our eyes. It wasn't until the second cry of "Hamish grab my ass!" did we try to assist Frenchy. After a few minutes of assistance, with as little ass grabbing as possible, from J and Hamish, Lilian was safely on the ground.

We hoped back on our bikes and continued on with our tour. Enjoying all the beautiful sites and rock formations within Cappadocia. At the end of the day we returned our scooters and will always remember this day as the best day ever in Europe! All for the low price of 15 YTL each.

Tags: Laughter

 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.