Existing Member?

TRANQUILLITY less expected, more achieved

Celebrating Local Values in "5 Mountains Festival"

INDONESIA | Tuesday, 16 September 2014 | Views [1308] | Scholarship Entry

The video we submit here is another collaborative project between me (Zaki Habibi) and M Iskandar Tri Gunawan who have been collaborating since 2010. Gunawan is very enthusiastic about filmmaking, while I am passionate about photography, writing, and recently presenting as well. Both of us also share a common passion: travelling. We care about our destination and the people we met, we also love to share our experiences to others using film. This is not only for the sake of our own fun or as narcissistic medium, but this is our way to share the journey, the emotions, and to engage others in our experience. We are now live in all-connected world and sharing experience and knowledge is the key feature to make a better life. We believe that, as wise men said, “[now] the new source of power is not money in the hand of a few, but information [also knowledge and experience] in the hand of many”. We are not a duo of excellent travel filmmaker and presenter yet, but we have relentless passion on both travelling and filmmaking. This makes us a perfect choice for the Scholarship, so we could explore the world and filming the variety of nature, ethnic group, and culture. Our knowledge and skill would be enhanced too, not only in terms of travel film production techniques, but also the essence of travelling itself in a more professional standard. For us, travelling is a journey to build dialogue with others, and making travel film is a medium to share this dialogue to broader people.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.