Existing Member?

Biking to Barcelona

Day 10 - day off in St E-Milion

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 6 August 2015 | Views [156]

Monday 03 August

Today was our scheduled day off and we learned to walk again. We prefer to cycle. The French kilometre strikes again!

Although this time we did go up the main thoroughfare into town instead of ambling through vineyards. There is no pavement as it seems people prefer to 'taste' and drive from one chateau to another. We ended up edging across rows of vines anyway and hopping across ditches where there was no shoulder - well, Sukhi was hopping with her long legs and the other two were taking more of a flying leap!

Saint-Emilion is worth spending the day in just wandering it's hilly, curving cobblestone streets. These are lined with art galleries, restaurants and countless wine shops that will ship your 56€ bottle of wine around the world! You may want to buy more to be cost effective. We prefer to drink our wine not post it so anyone with high hopes of a souvenir sampler can stop dreaming!

We had our first ice creams today oddly enough as both Kellys are obsessed with it. They made up for it with multiple scoops, but sadly for Taitoko there was no Chantilly cream. The hunt for the ultimate gorge-fest continues.

All we had really set out to do today was top up our provisions at a local shop and the mid-30s temperature and growing humidity had us rushing back to the B&B dripping wet. Can't waste an opportunity to wash and dry everything we have, such is the life of the weary traveller - haha, it was so much cooler in the stone house!

We spent the rest of the day doing laundry, snoozing and eating. Exactly what the body needed!

About tourdefriends


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.