Existing Member?

Journey to the Summit This journal records progress to my first goal, a long time desire to learn, converse & dream in Spanish and a 2nd goal continue training in Guatemala for my future summit of Mt. Rainier, Washington.

Birthday

GUATEMALA | Saturday, 2 May 2009 | Views [629] | Comments [2]

Experiencing the traditional face smoosh into one's birthday cake after singing

Experiencing the traditional face smoosh into one's birthday cake after singing "Happy Birthday."

After visiting the Salcaja church I headed home for lunch. Natalie mentioned something to me in the kitchen about my big day so Trinis asked me what that was. I told her it was my birthday whereupon she said she didn’t know that and how come I hadn’t told her. Of course, as we sat down for lunch she pulled a big cake out of the refridge with a big smile. Meanwhile I am talking to Audrey on the phone when everyone starts singing happy birthday so Audrey could hear. After almuerzo they sang happy birthday again and then came the traditional icing bite and this time Natalie had a wonderful time smooshing my face into the cake. 

Comments

1

Glad you got to celebrate your birthday there - what kind of cake is it? It looks good!

  Cindy May 24, 2009 6:42 AM

2

It was a 3 milk (tres leches)cake and I thought it quite good. As you might know I am more of a birthday pie guy.

  Tom May 26, 2009 3:18 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.