Existing Member?

TravelPets Enjoy Your Itinerary with your Pet !

A Very Furry Holiday!

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 3 April 2014 | Views [1418]

Pet industry's graph has seen a vertical rise in the past few years; 2010, alone, saw over $47 billion spent on pet related products and services. It is no surprise that these hotels have seen a ballistic bloom in past few years with more and more people sharing their vacations with their furry halves.

So, if you are planning to join the bandwagon and take a vacation with your pet, read on.

While all hotel chains have their own pet policies that are subject to change. Some of the commonly found amenities are listed below:

Regular dog friendly events/ activities
Al-fresco restaurants with special doggie menus
Fido bed fold-down
Offer of pet sitting, pet grooming, pet walking
In-room massage, pet accupencture etc.
Provision of bowls, toys, towels, natural organic treats, cleaning bags etc.

Your Pet in your suitcase

The following are a few helpful tips to make a dog-parent's experience smoother while looking for a pet-friendly accomodation:


Make sure your preferred room goes through a 'deep cleaning session'.

It is essential that the housekeeping 'deep cleans' a room that has previously been occupied by other pets, to make sure your pet does not catch any infections that previous pets have left behind. There is a specific process that takes into account the hair, saliva, dander etc. There are advanced methods such as carpet shampoo, heavier-than-usual sweep etc.



Keep in mind your pet's size before booking a room.

Yes. The prices of the rooms with your pooch may go rocketing with his/her weight, or worse still- may not be allowed at all! In their defence, they abide by the age-old conventions of 'bigger the dog-the mosre destructive he/she is'. 

 

 

Can I get a room ?

Check with the hotel if it can accomodate pets other than dogs and cats.

While most hotels have different policies pertaining to this, well established hotels do consider accomodating your other furry friends, as long as you get a prior approval from the concerned property.

Pet-friendly accomodations certainly do help the pet mom and dad a great deal, but at the same time, pose a lot of health threats. As long as precautons are taken, there is nothing that can come between you and your furry friend from enjoying a wonderful vacation together!

Tags: hotels with pets, pet accomodation, pet friendly hotels, pets in hotels, travel with pets

About steve10988


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.