Existing Member?

The Amicable Adventures of Ichabod Crane and his faithful sound recordist/food tester, James Dandy An honest account of my current sweltering experiences in the not-so-geriatric-friendly city of BrisVegas

D-Day turns to G'Day

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 21 January 2008 | Views [364]

Well we departed kiwi-land at about 6:30am after having a pretty emotional farewelland a failed attempt at sleep so you can imagine that check-in went swimmingly. Through some divine intervention I ended up sitting separate to the rents which allowed me plenty of space to stretch out and mope for 3 hours. Back in BrisVegas (the general temperature being 30 degrees) I promptly passed out on the settee in our temp apartment which can be compared to a setup quite similar to that of the Warsaw Ghetto - not only were we fighting for the hotel Nazis to keep away but the bloody air-con refused to comply with our demands, resulting in an immediate surrender to the nearby pool.

I awoke the next afternoon with the one desire of absolute solitude, where I could wallow in self-pity at once again being re-located, only to be have the salt rubbed into the wound a little more by the distant-but-not-distant-enough relatives who had decided to welcome me home.

So the last few days have been spent sitting on (not near) a fan, trying to catch up on the last 6 months in all the goings-on in Australian news and periodically indulging in a little Sex....and the City.

Tomorrow night I will attend my first party since landing in the sunburnt country - fingers crossed that I won't immediately scare off the company, I'll just have to remember to tone down my use of "mean", "ratsbuzz" and the new word taking off (invented by Gowler and Michael 'Ain't No Other Man' O'Flaherty), "skutz".

I've also made arrangements while stuck here to attend a film-making course with NIDA as well as sitting for my drivers license. Am yet to move back into our old humble abode (the bastards who are currently inhabiting it are taking a little longer to move...bastards).

I do plan to make a triumphant return to NZ...when I do so mainly depends on how long my services are needed here and how fast I can find a job that sufficiently displays my level of responsibility.

Tags: Misadventures

About lewija08


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.