Existing Member?

Lesley and Jan in Palau

Daily Life

PALAU | Tuesday, 22 July 2014 | Views [1269] | Comments [1]

Koror Main Street - post peak hour

Koror Main Street - post peak hour

So what is Palau like on a daily basis?  Well you will see in the Street Life photos it is a bit like anywhere!  We are living in a nice one bed unit in a block called the Blue Aparments.  We have a fantastic balcony out the back that looks over the water and lush green vegetation.  You can literally watch the rain clouds gather, the banana leaves grow and the Palauan Swiftlets flying in circles!.  

Our street is in the "suburb" of Meyuns and I must say everyone is very houseproud.  The Pacific Islands Forum (PIF as it is known) is coming next week and everyone is painting their house to look spick and span.  The PIF includes Pacific leaders - so yes, Tony Abbott will be here fleetingly.  Look out for him on tv when they have the traditional photo in the floral island shirts.  The leaders always look very self conscious when this happens!.  No, we will not get to see him; but yes the streets will be clogged the internet will die and chaos will reign from 28 July to 2 August.

I have also put a photo of the main street where we shop and the coffee shop.  Nice to have the normal things that we certainly weren't expecting.  The ladies in the coffee shop now understand the Australian obsession with coffee.  I will write about American coffee another time!

Comments

1

Is it like our life?

  Grace Dec 14, 2017 1:39 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Palau

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.