Existing Member?

bird legs getting bigger

Photos, and an Ocean Day...

VIETNAM | Friday, 24 April 2009 | Views [745] | Comments [1]

Photo overload!!!  Finally I'm more up to date with photos of our trip...Take your time looking through - that way you can space out comments - I like comments, makes me feel closer to home =)
 
Here are the rest of Hanoi - CLICK
 
The beautiful Halong Bay - CLICK
 
Hue - CLICK
 
and lovely HoiAn - CLICK
 
We are currently in Nha Trang, Vietnam and heading out tomorrow. Yesterday we spent the day lazing on the beach and at the Oceanic Museum, and today we did a boat trip!
 
We were picked up by a bus around 8:30am and deposited onto our colourful fishing boat around 9:30. From there we all boated to an island where we were let off to snorkel for an hour. I had a lot of fun but unfortunately dave couldnt find a mask to fit his big head, so he had to sit out! It was beautiful, but I think it's going to be hard to beat the snorkeling experience off of Koh Pi Pi a few months ago.
 
After snorkeling we were presented with a huuuge lunch! There were about 25 people and there was enough food to have plenty extra! plates full of fried fish, tofu, veggies, squid, rice, noodles, fruit. Mmmm.
Once we were done our meal we were told to relax for a bit, let our food settle and watch the 'Boy Band' perform. The boy band ended up being 4 of the vietnamese men on the ship, and they rocked! - One on Bass and Vocals, one on Guitar, and one on a really shotty, thrown together drum kit - and a tambourine! They played some great, nostalgic music and no one wanted them to stop!
 
When they finally did stop we were told it was 'HAPPY HOUR' - "Jump into the ocean and catch a life tube!". Then one of the guides hopped in with a huge tube he had turned into a floating bar. We all gathered around and he poured us free, unlimited fruit wine for about half an hour. It was so much fun, we all just floated about cheersing and enjoying the sun and drinks. Once we got back onto the boat we all realized how much wine we had drank and just sat quiet for a bit! We then boated to the next island where they were charging $2 just to get on the land. So half of us decided to just stay on the boat. - Good idea. We had a really great time just sunning ourselves and jumping off of the boat and swimming and playing in the water. - Also got in some more snorkeling.
 
Then there was one more island where we could choose if we wanted to go to an auarium, but since we had did something similar yesterday, we decided to sit out again and just enjoy being on the water. This was the end of the trip - we boated back to Nha Trang, I had some spring rolls, and now here I am! - Currently getting eaten alive by mosquitoes! ARHG, but I must upload these photos!...

Comments

1

eeee this boat trip sounded like sooo much funn!

  amy May 6, 2009 9:17 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.