Existing Member?

Wilson Family Travels Follow the Wilsons as they travel across Europe!

Berlin #5

GERMANY | Thursday, 3 July 2014 | Views [316]

Hi From Germany (Again) -
 
    It is now later on Sunday evening and in a few minutes it will be Monday morning.  So, let’s quickly clean up our photo inventory.
 
    The kids wanted to go on Segway PTs today.  I had mixed interest, but figured if I was going to be in the running for Father of the Year I had better be involved.  Check out the photos and you see Keaka, Sophia and Marlene preparing for a one hour spin.  When it came to doing a quick test for balance and bravery, Marz took a pass and didn’t make the trip.  That really sealed my involvement.  It wasn’t all bad, though Sophia and Keaka seemed to roll along much easier than I.
 
    We explored some more around Bad Saarow (bah-zaroh) and took a photo of the center of this small town looking out from the train station.  And, there is a photo of the train station, obviously more modern than most and certainly reflecting the wealth of the area.
 
    Earlier, we talked about the beautiful restaurant located on the nearby lake.  Tonight was the big family dinner at Café Dorsch.  We had a great time and delicious food.  In talking with our waitress, we learned that the home the restaurant is located in was occupied by the East German Secret Police, the Stasi, from 1946 to 1989.  She also said that there has been lots of confusion over land ownership, with some families who owned property and escaped to West Germany, only to come back after 1990 and find that someone else owned their property.  It seems to me that it all could be quite confusing.
 
    On the road tomorrow, taking our rental car back to the train station in Berlin, some touring (the kids are already complaining) and then an 8:00 pm train to Paris.  Our arrival back in Aix-en Provence will be late Tuesday afternoon.  You can’t beat the fun!
 
The Wilsons

 

         

About kwilson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.