Existing Member?

Jypsie Shores Journal

Live On the Edge

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 4 October 2011 | Views [282]

this afternoon i found out that im sub consciously addicted to being a klutz/doing really stupid things. When i first moved to Melbourne i went on a trip to Port Fairy i slide on some rocks and got dragged in the ocean, not only twisting my ankle but scratching all up the side of my leg. To this day i will still blame it on getting chased into the ocean and for a dramatic effect ill maybe add in that i was tackled. Only a week later i tried long boarding for the first time, wearing only my sandals. I found it was a terrible idea when blood was pouring from the sides of my feet, leading to a foot infection a couple days later. I also blamed that one on the peer pressure that was put on me to try it. A week after that a few friends and i went ice skating at a local rink so i wouldn't feel so homesick. The only problem was that i didnt bring socks and the rink didnt have any (Can i also blame this one on the rinks inability to stock necessary equipment for the activity). Resulting in a huge blister that was more like a open war wound then a bubble of puss.  and lastly this afternoon, as if i couldnt get enough of being hurt i had to go and put my hand on the ground at full speed to stop the stupid long board. Lets just say my whole palm of my hand is non existent, and not aesthetically pleasing to look at. The good thing that i can think of coming from all of this pain is that ive come accustomed to it and therefore it doesnt hurt as much, or at least i ignore the pain really well. No the question needs to be asked, will i continue to be an idiot until my whole body is covered in scars and bruises.

Im going to go with probably!!!!

About jypsie-shore


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.