Existing Member?

Jypsie Shores Journal

Find What it is that you seek!

CANADA | Tuesday, 20 September 2011 | Views [455] | Comments [1]

For those of you that know me well, you will know that i worked my butt off working a full time job and doing fashion school full time for the past few years. When i finished i had to make the decision between starting a career in Vancouver BC or travelling. With advice from my closest and mostest the decision was made to travel for a couple years. I sold everything, got rid of two huge bags of clothing (thanks Sarah for taking those off my hands) and got rid of my Kitsilano apartment. After, a couple glasses of wine, 2 stops 1 in LA and one in Korea, enough kamsahamnida (thank you in Korean) to last me ages, and 40 hours later i was in humid, bustling Jakarta Indonesia. What a huge culture shock i was in for in the following months. What i found out when i got there was that i was not allowed to wear half the clothing i had brought, because not only did i stand out for being white (bule) but i was not muslim, a big disadvantage in the country. Needless to say i made it through and am now in Melbourne Australia working at a cafe. Although i miss the aspect of fashion design and working towards something i must say that i have become quite addicted to travelling and have made the decision to travel for many years while building a writing career. Stay tuned to hear more about my adventures all over the world.

-Jypsie Shore 

Tags: fashion, jakarta

Comments

1

Dearest Daughter of mine,

I feel honored and privileged to be apart of this wonderful journey of yours, let life be the nacho to your cheese and love be the burrito to your salsa.

"I WANNA SEE THE WHOLE WORLD, AND I WANNA WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING!"

  Richard Sep 20, 2011 10:43 PM

About jypsie-shore


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.