Existing Member?

All aboard a trip abroad Ready, OK!

Day 3 - Ocktoberfest

GERMANY | Friday, 3 October 2008 | Views [544]

day 3

Today was a public holiday for the people of Germany so we were woken early by loud chants and kids as young as 14 swigging bottles of beers whilst marching towards the beer-halls. We knew today would be packed at Ocktoberfest and when we arrived there, it was to be. We had to check out of our room today and check in with our group leader named Ryan from the Fanatics back at the Jaegers hostel. I made it clear to him that it was not what i expected. sharing a room with 40 other people seemed like a nightmare to me and thats what it turned out to be. He gave us preference in which beds we would like so i picked the ones furtherest away from the entrance to the dorm. We thankfully had lockers to put our stuff in and purchased our own locks for 5 euro each. Once we had checked in with Fanatics we headed back to the beer-halls only to find every beer tent packed out and lines 50 meters long to enter. We decided to test some of the local pubs instead and stop off to several along the way. We tried to head in the direction of Ned Kelly's for round 2, but got lost along the way. Luckily they sold beer and Jagermaster at the petrol station so we weren't worried in the slightest. Finally our surroundings looked familiar and we were back at Killians Irish Pub. We exercised our right arms and snacked on garlic pizza with cheese so good! Our night ended round midnight but no sleep what so ever was had back at the hostel. We were sleeping next to a freight train and some silly moles that would not stop laughing!!!!! the nightmare begins.....

Tags: beer, beer halls, germany, munich, ocktoberfest

About juliedrewe


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.