Existing Member?

Josh and Shona's Excellent Adventure

A few words on Singapore

SINGAPORE | Thursday, 15 March 2012 | Views [723]

Having only spent a day or two in Singapore, I can't say I really got a real feel for the place, more like a quick grope. Initially the place concerned me. It appeared that Singapore was trying to its best to behave like a 14 year old girl. Endless shopping centres that seemed impossible to escape, Justin Bieber songs on repeat, an unhealthy obsession with hair and clothing was the first impression.

Fortunately we escaped the consumption crazed world and saw the bigger picture. A city that knows who it is. Its wealth unashamedly on display. Its buildings are bold, really bold, its just so damn clean, and organised, yes its definitely organised. The place has to be the ultimate success story of European colonisation. Not that I've been there, but I imagine Singapore is something like Chicago or Frankfurt. 

There's a lot to be envious of in Singapore. Beautifully organised, inspiring constructions, fantastic use of urban space, a genuine theatre scene and money, lots of money, make it pretty swell. 

Just don't get fined.

Tags: singapore

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.