Existing Member?

Postcards from Paris

Andrew is a Unicorn

USA | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [1648] | Scholarship Entry

It took me longer to discover my happy place. Longer than it takes most. I started to realize that my sole purpose for returning to NY was to fund my next adventure. Traveling is the only time I feel like i'm home. If I wake up in a forest and don’t know which direction I’ll head first, that’s a perfect morning.

I will beg, borrow and steal to get to a dot on a map that I read about one time. I think something crazy like "I want to see a sloth" zero in on that, obsess over it and then find myself on Ometepe island a few months later. I haven't seen a sloth yet but i'm on the case.

I'll sleep where most people won't, I'll climb something, try anything, and do everything. I want to say yes where people say no. I want to hear the stories that people didn't care to listen to, I want to see the things people were too afraid to see and show people what they shouldn't be missing.

Since my friend passed away theres been a shift in my outlook. I've always been an ambitious traveler but this was something more tremendous. It was a wake up and stop wasting time kind of message. Do what you do best, do what you love, stop stalling. Tell your stories, take your video and go!

Traveling is who I am, its in my DNA, telling stories with my camera is something i've always unconsciously done and that is how I would like to sustain myself. Right after I take over the world.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About jcaro


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.