Existing Member?

Travelling Asia

Goodbye

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 1 December 2013 | Views [459] | Comments [1]

Hey guys and welcome to my new blog. New blog means new journey. I'm heading to a place unknown to me, Asia, more specifically, Cambodia. 

I will be spending my time as an intern, teaching conversational English. I will be working for Conversations With Foreigners (CWF) in Cambodia's capital, Phnom Penh. I will be living in a house, in the city, with other interns/volunteers who are also on the programme. During orientation I will receive my schedule of 5 hours a day, 5 days a week, first classes start at 6AM and finish at 8PM. Here's hoping I get the early's and get to rise before the sun, it's a 'supposed' tradition to wake before the sun in Cambodia. Alongside the accommodation there will be two chefs, who cook for us three times a day, except on bank holidays. We also have the option of learning to cook Cambodian traditional meals, so if you're reading this then I'll happily cook for you when I see you, if you trust my cooking skills. We can have noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner... 

So, I haven't left the country since July, when I had a quick trip to California for my cousin's graduation, with another cousin and we saw more cousins. This trip will be a little different, I've never been to a third world country, Asia's poorest I hear. I've had injections (£150!!!); bought malaria tablets (£100's) and got clean needles (FREE). I've said a lot of goodbyes, some people more than once - eaten a lot of 'kind of' Christmas dinners and I'm packed ready to leave. So tuesday afternoon I will head to the airport where I will pass through Quatar and Vietnam ending in my final destination Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Now to spend my last day and a half with the love of my life. 

Keep watching this space, I'll be back as much as possible. 

Heaps of peace, Jay 

Tags: cambodia, noodles, travelling

Comments

1

Oh, this is how you're saying goodbye...

I hope that I helped with your preparation.

I love you, have a fabulous time.
Xx

  Marquis of Shropshire, Dr Michael Grundy Dec 2, 2013 4:15 AM

About jaygotham

Cartwheeling at the Royal Palace

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.