Existing Member?

Worldwide Steps

Quick Update Day 21-27

THAILAND | Tuesday, 19 May 2015 | Views [236]

Really sorry I haven't kept this up to date, just realised I haven't wrote since Ko Jum! (Writing this at least a week since this all happened...)

From Ko Jum we travelled to Trang, Hat Yao and then to Satun before Malaysia.

 

Arriving in Trang our plan had been to head off to one of the Trang islands such as Ko Hai. This became our first sudden change of plan in the trip. Our accommodation had stopped their boats from going to the islands due to the low season. The two times we went to where the guide suggested we were left stood stupidly while they moved without informing us of anything. First time we got told to wait 5 minutes, then we got told they couldn't do anything because the boss wasn't there. We decided to give up and head to the beach instead.

 

We stayed at Hat Yao for 3 nights. A nice stretch of sand next to some beautiful rocks with views of the islands around it. Think over the three nights there we saw two tourists and that was it. This was the one place where I started to see vegetarian options as slightly more challenging to get, still manageable but eating a lot of fried rice. The waves here were bigger than others we had been to, making me wish I had taken with me my body board (though probably one of the most unpractical things I could have traveled with). Our days consisted of walking into town to get snacks and drinks, spending the day at the beach and then walking back to town for tea on a platform over the water. There isn't much to do here unless you go over to Ko Libong, however with 3 nights we were happy there.

 

We spent our last nights of Thailand in Satun relaxing and preparing for our journey to Malaysia.

Tags: beaches, hat yao, satun, trang

About emiliepb


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.