Existing Member?

drifting_with_dervla Are We There Yet?

Bon Voyage!

USA | Sunday, 30 January 2011 | Views [564] | Comments [1]

It all started off with a conversation about India....

While teaching English in Korea, my friend Nicola and I chatted about meeting in India after her teaching contract finished. This conversation would ignite me buying a ticket to India as well as arranging to stop off at a few places both before and after. I am starting my journey in Taiwan where I will get to spend a few days with my good friends Lisa and Brian. From there we will go down to the southern city of Kaohsiung to celebrate Chinese New Year with some friends before returning to Taipei. After Taiwan, I'll be shooting over to Indonesia to explore Bali, Lombok Island, the Gili Islands, and hopefully Komodo Island before heading to Malaysia. I'll have over a week in Malaysia, where I plan to arrange a trip to Langkawi Island as well as the historical town of Melacca that I've actually had a poster of up in my room for years now! By mid-March, I'll be meeting up with Nicola in Kuala Lumpur and heading off to India for two whole months! After India, I'll be going back to the motherland of Ireland for a bit before exploring mainland Europe. I'm also in the process of getting hired for an English camp in Spain that will start over the summer, so I'm hoping to go home with a bit of cash at the end of the journey!


I anticipate using this site as a place to share my stories, pictures, and thoughts. I hope to entertain you all and many thanks for following!

Comments

1

Gee-sus!! Go Dervla :D Swap lives please? x

  Mays Feb 2, 2011 11:24 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.