Existing Member?

How to spend your redundancy settlement

Cafayate

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 15 September 2010 | Views [396]

The bus to Cafayate was quite simple and i arrived at lunch. After heading to a hostel that Emma and Rach had reccommended I went and got lunch in the form of a coupple of Empenadas (Small Cornish Pasties) after a look around the town i headed up to the roof top terrace to finish The Girl Who Played With Fire. Again these Steig Larsson books are fantastic.

That evening i went to a restaurant reccommended by lonley plannet and had a nice dinner. After returning to the hostel i met a load of other backpackers and chatted to the small hours. One of the people i met was Amy and she was on the same tour as me the following day.

Once i could be bothered to get out of bed (it wasn´t and early tour) i had beckfast and got ready to leave. The tour was to start with 3 wineries. Told you traveling was hard. At about 10:30 we arrived at the first winery and started tasting. The Malbec´s and Torrontes in this area are very nice. At the 3rd winery we decided to buy a nice little Torrontes for a future occasion. After the tasting we headed off for lunch before going on a few small treacks in the afternoon in the countryside. It was a really good day as the group was good and our guide was sooo funny.

In the evening we met up with a Swis/Italian couple and went for dinner. They took us to a guy´s hous up the street where you sit on garden furniture inthe street whilst he cooks a load of meat on a BBQ built into the front of his house. I had 3 different sausages and they were all really nice. We then headed off for Pudding. Now you couldn´t really come to the wine region of Argentina without trying it out so ofcourse for pudding we had Wine ice cream. Unfortunatly the main (and apparently best) shop had shut so we got it from another. It was soo nice and really tasty. There on to something here.

The following day i was heading on to Tafi with Amy as we decided to travel together for a couple of days. We got up late and went for a walk in the morning. After lunch we went to the better Ice cream shop and sampled his wine ice cream. the rumors were true and his ice cream was much nicer and obveously still had alcohol in it.

We got the bus to Amancha as we wanted to go and see the ruins in Quilmes. After arriving we discovered that this was going to be a nightmare so after much ribbing of Amy we jumped on the next bus outa there.

We endedup in Tafi where we were going to go the day after. this was much better and the village actully had human beings walking around (You may now understand why i was ribbing Amy). Tafi is a really pretty hill top town and after checking in we had a wander around. We got some local Goats cheese and crackers and enjoyed our Torontes. How mightly civilised we are!!

In the evening we went to Don Pepitoes and had Goat. They have big racks of goat in the front window and we just couldn´t resist. Its also the local dish so 'when in rome...' and all that. After a few G&T´s we went back to the hostel.

The next day we woke up after checkout and had a mad dash to get out of the room. Once the panic subsided we went for a nice walk to the lake and a picnic. In the afternoon we got a bus to Tucuman where we were to go our seperate ways.

About dan_powell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.