Existing Member?

How to spend your redundancy settlement

Salta

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 15 September 2010 | Views [268]

That had to be the best bus journey ever. The seats are abnomally wide. You have a hostess that gives you food, Wine, Whisky and tv showing good films it was cool. It was however still a bus journey that took 24 hours so not amazing.

After finding a hostel rep i was chucked in a Taxi with a group of girls to check in. The girls were Alesia, Bon and a french girl who´s name i have forgotten. They were also with a pair of germans (who are in my room) so we all made friends. In the day i chilled around Salta going for a few walks and reading my book. Salta is lovely and has a very pretty central Plaza.

In the evening we went to a different thats part of the same chain for free dinner. After the dinner was consumed we decided we weren´t ready for bed so headed to the bar area. The bar we went to had live music and it was really good. although they did murder a few english speaking songs and they didn´t really know the words so made them up or skipped them all together. We then went on to a club and had a pretty awsome night.

The following day the others left as they were hiring a car and traveling north. I booked on a trip for the following day and chilled out in the hostel and walking arround Salta.

The follwoing morning was an early rise ready for the trip. The trip went to see the Train to the clouds, some ruins and most importantly The salt flats. The salt flats are really funny as its so barren and everyone takes funny pictures using the perspective. I´ll upload mine ASAP. On the trip was Emma and Rach. Rach is from america (atually quite nice so may have to take back some of my america rant) and Emma is from england. Infact she went to the Ladies College in a house that i worked in when i worked there. Its a small world.

That evening we again went to get our free food. Whilst we were eating we were joined by a VERY attractive girl from Bristol (again small world) who just so happened to be in my room. Que big chears inside my head!!!

Tomorrow i head to Cafayate.

About dan_powell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.