Existing Member?

Footsteps

A Strange But Touching Experience

INDIA | Monday, 5 February 2007 | Views [1497]

Gwen and I spent the last week in Goa. The first 4 days in the party capital, Calangute, then the second half in the South in Palolem...

We took the public bus to get from Calangute to Palolem. On the first leg of the trip, a young mother got on with her gorgeous 3 month old daughter and her elderly mother. I smiled at baby and Mum, who then asked me if I wanted to hold her daughter Angelique. I accepted happily.

Angelique did not make a single peep for the whole trip, just looking around her for inquisitive, curious and innocent baby eyes, then fell asleep in my arms.

Her Mum and Grandma, were obviously exhausted and fell asleep before Angelique did. They had their arms wrapped tightly around eachother. It was really a very touching and rare experience. It does not seem to be often here that a mother/daughter bond is so beautifully demonstrated in public.

All three awoke as we approached the bus terminal. The mother took back Angelique, thanked me for the time which I allowed her to sleep, and they all went on their way, as did we!

x

c

Tags: People

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.