Existing Member?

Through the veins of Europe and beyond

Ronda - De Locos Tapas

SPAIN | Tuesday, 13 May 2014 | Views [646]

Ronda, inspiration for Ernest Hemingway’s For Whom the Bell Tolls, home of bullfighting & most importantly the location of De Locos Tapas. This restaurant, located on the outskirts of the old town, just inside the city wall is easily overlooked by the tourists who flock around the famous bridge and bullfighting arena. The small restaurant have few tables and if they are full might ask you to wait at the bar next door, which will provide you with liver-punching drinks during until a table is liberated. Many have written their praise of this gorgeous tapas bar and it is hard to argue against these revering critics. Not only does the food taste divine, take particular note of the beans with quails egg, but the presentation is inspired.  After having had your fill of cattle slaughtering and windswept bridges I would therefore recommend descending the hill towards this restaurant, leaving the more touristy food joints behind. You might just need the walk back up after all of the food that you are bound to stuff into your face. Enjoy!

About chiacchierare

Giro d'Italia

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.