Existing Member?

Rio Bound

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 12 June 2011 | Views [1116] | Scholarship Entry

The subject of my video is the community I live in. I wanted to explore multiple aspects of this community. Most of the residents in this densely populated urban community are low-income families that have migrated in search of work or sought refuge from their home country because of war or ethnic prosecution. I was able to show how the youth of these neighborhoods are attempting to transform this community by embracing diversity and generating new ideas to make the area a healthier place to live.

Currently, I am speaking with other community members, searching for new stories about the struggles people have in their daily lives and what they are doing to improve their quality of life in this community.

Through documentary video making I want to tell personal stories of struggle, successes and failures as a way to not only entertain but to educate and share information. I have been able to create interesting stories about the surrounding areas I live in. However, I have not had the opportunity or resources to challenge myself on creating a story about a location I have never been. This scholarship would provide that opportunity and help me shape my craft.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About brianm


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.