Existing Member?

Botswana Pioneering Trip 2012

Zimbabwe what a pain...

ZIMBABWE | Thursday, 15 March 2012 | Views [421]

Decided to visit Zimbabwe what a beautiful place, but what a horrible experience, the border crossing is run by criminals, no one tells you what to do or what to fill in or in what order, so basically you stand around for 20 minutes at each counter until someone grunts at you what to do. Then once we had spent $200 and where about to enter into the country the very kind border guard, tried to get a 'CID officer' to fleece us for a bribe, we told him to go jump in a lake, and eventually got into Zim, drove to Vic Fall's definitely deserving of it's position as one of the seven wonders of the world. And worth every dollar and hassle to go see it, but be prepared for corrupt customs and police, and desperate people, trying to sell you anything they can, or swop you anything for shoes and clothes. And they do not give up, the same guys tried for more than an hour trying to sell us curios. That said did buy a 200,000,000,000(Yes 200 trillion) Zimbabwe dollar note, no surprise they decided to move to US dollars. But everything is so expensive. We did find a nice lodge though and as it was late in the day, we negotiated a good rate and had a great night in the lodge, with spectacular views over the Vic Fall National Park. And enjoyed our regular cocktail a Malawi Shandy(Ginger Ale, Lemonade and Bitters)...

About annaryan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Zimbabwe

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.