Existing Member?

Botswana Pioneering Trip 2012

No Power!

BOTSWANA | Tuesday, 14 February 2012 | Views [444]

Woke up with no electricity today, no great issues just have to remember to only shop for a day at a time otherwise everything will go off. It was off the whole day so only a few shop with generators were open, that said the local Batswanan's have no water or power to most of their houses and they get by OK.

We think we sometimes have problems, the local brothers and sisters many who are refugee's from Uganda and other surrounding countries, are permanently trying to resolve paperwork to stay here, a local sister Elma and her family are not allowed to work in Botswana, and if they cant get permanent residency sorted out by end of March will get sent to refugee camps, which are not very safe, and not a great place to be able to get to the local Kingdom Hall's. Elma is 24, and has lived here for 20 years with this problem, and even though she now has only weeks to resolve it, she is still out most days in ministry, talk about relying on Jehovah.(1 Peter 5:6,7)

About annaryan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Botswana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.