Existing Member?

the world is a book and those who don't travel read only a page

explore, dream, discover

POLAND | Saturday, 19 April 2014 | Views [225] | Scholarship Entry

The title is taken from one of the most popular quote from Mark Twain, and also one of my favorite quote; “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Starting from just a fad, until finally I tried to get what I had already started. Yes, this journey started from my decision about July last year, i joined an international platform for young people to develop their leadership potential by being an exchange participant, called AIESEC. I was through a series of stages that were not easy, from attached cv to conduct interview, until I was finally accepted into the exchange participant and this was where the struggle really begun. I applied to many projects in Europe, especially Poland, by attaching a CV, motivation letter and wait to be called for an interview. After quite long process, approximately 4 months from being accepted as an exchange participant, i got matched with one of the project in Lodz, Polandia.The project was called Inspirator winter. It was about teaching primary schools in Lodz, about my culture and also english. This life changing experience has taught me so many things to learn. I did all of my things alone (without my parent's help), i traveled alone and comfortable with it. I met thousand of people who had different perspectives and culture with me, which was really nice. And in this project I had another 8 new friends from around the world. I spent my whole time with them, sharing about our cultures and daily activities. We traveled together around Poland and also other countries such as Germany and Czech. They have been my new family. I also had chance to live with host family during one week in Lodz. This experience such the most unforgettable experience in my life. I had new family in just one week, i got to know them and Polish culture much better in only one week than what internet taught me. I got another mother and father who have different nationality with you. How cool is that?! And now i truly understand the what meaning of my title is. Now i'm in Indonesia already, but my heart still in Poland. It's not just about travel, i traveled many times before and this time was totally different. So, explore, dream, discover :)

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About alert


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.