Existing Member?

Pom Farms and Turkish Charms

Mud-Bath and Beyond

TURKEY | Friday, 19 September 2014 | Views [1630] | Comments [9] | Scholarship Entry

Hi!
Choose us because we get involved! We get down and dirty with the locals and find out what makes them tick, where they like to go, what they think about their home country and world issues. But MOST IMPORTANTLY what they eat, how they eat, where, when and why they eat. Yum!

We are both comfortable being in front of and behind the camera and can swap on the fly. We've been shooting videos together for the past 3 years on various types of camera (DSLRs and point & shoots) while we travelled.

We love to capture beautiful images while having a terribly fun time doing it. It would be a great opportunity to work under the guidance of Brian Rapsey from whom we would love to learn the art of creating concise meaningful stories. Plus he has a great beard (something we both aspire to.)

There's a lot of cultural misunderstanding in the world. We feel that by creating films that focus on an individual's experiences that we may demonstrate a new and positive perspective on esotericism. This may aid people in relating to one another and begin to dissolve the prejudices we have seen firsthand.

Winning this scholarship would mean that our parents would finally have to take us seriously! But really, it would mean the world. It would show us that filmmaking could be a legitimate career choice that we could combine with our love of travelling. We would 'DIE' to experience Dia de los Meurtos!

So choose these two nomads and help us help the world!

Thank you,

Thom and Tess

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

Comments

1

These 2 wonderful people have been discovering the world together. They share a friendship, a relationship, love of travelling and filmmaking that will last a lifetime! These guys deserve this!! Go Tess & Thom!!!!!

  Angele Poirier Sep 19, 2014 3:05 AM

2

Would love to see the world through Tess and Thom's Lens. They would be a wonderful choice...they are young, intelligent and both very easy on the eyes!! Will be watching for you two!! :)

  Lorraine Sep 19, 2014 3:15 AM

3

I am extremely jealous of your talents Tess and Thom, don't forget me when your big time!!

  David Swan Sep 19, 2014 5:03 AM

4

So incredibly well done! Yay for Tess and Thom!!

  Jenna MacMillan Sep 19, 2014 5:07 AM

5

Awsome!, these two are a sure winners in my eyes, great films every time,Love it

  Paul Garneau Sep 19, 2014 8:46 AM

6

Tess and Thom are a wonderful little humans! They love life, people and good food!. Their life travels, experiences and shear joie de vivre make them unique and adorably fun to be with! There is no shortage of good laughs, intelligent conversations and lots of positive energy!

  Kelly MacLean Sep 19, 2014 9:26 AM

7

Great story. I really appreciate the comment, 'don't get office jobs, this is real life!' The story you told reinforces this message. So much adventure...so much education!

  apriljoy Sep 21, 2014 5:37 AM

8

Tess and Thom, what a delight to watch you both! You absolutely complement each other. Your video is enthusiastic, brief and informative. You are definitely a breath of fresh air to us all wanna be travellers :)

  Fran Bujold Sep 21, 2014 6:10 AM

9

Having traveled extensively with Tess and Thom, I can atTESt to the fact that their videos capture the true essence of a place. Their infectious personality, charm, and wit shine in their work, and you're left feeling as if you've experienced a bit of magic. An absolute joy!

  apoirrie001 Sep 22, 2014 12:13 AM

About wanderaboot


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.