Existing Member?

Sharing Stories

Sharing Stories - A Glimpse into Another's Life - a pair of shoes

INDONESIA | Thursday, 18 April 2013 | Views [363] | Scholarship Entry

In the last three seconds, I'm really wondering of leaving my brain with all sorts of complexities that are trapping and prefer to step my foot into a park near the house. Well, the atmosphere in this afternoon is so awesome.
"I said baby you're not lost". It is the last lyric of "Lost" from Michael Buble that also accompanies me to stop in front of a golden brown wooden seat in the garden. While sitting down, my fingers are busy dancing on the keys of MP3 Player.
But suddenly, the sound of a conversation between man and woman is heard. And I think, the prologue sound is not coming from my MP3 player. But where does the sound come from? With a little rotating my head 90 degrees to the right, I can finally recognize that the sound comes from a couple of youth who are sitting exactly 4 feet in the right side of my wood seat.
The woman is leaning against the back seat, while the man is next to his right and looking at her. I do not know what exactly they are talking about, actually it is not my business. But anyway it seems my ears are also not concerned with shouts of Ayumi Hamasaki in my MP3 Player anymore and prefer to listen to that romance drama.
“Do you really love me?” the women asks.
“Absolutely, I do” replied the man.
“But I fell not reasonable enough for you.”
“Well, Look at this. Is the shape of this pair of shoes exactly same?”
“I don’t think so.”
“But they are matching, aren’t they?”
“Yes, they are.”
“They are what we are.”
“Like a pair of shoes?”
“Yes, we are. We had been created to live in a couple. There are tall, short, beautiful and handsome people, but there are no people who are created same. Yet, others think that they are harmonious.
“Then, how if in fact, behind that harmony, there are many differences? Will we able to piece it together later?”
“A pair of shoes never walks harmoniously, yet they have the same direction. They also never change their own position. So, that a pair of shoes is just like us. We complete our lacking and excess each other so the desirable meaning and aim can be reached.”
“Then, how if someday I leave you alone?”
“It’s not only human that is created in a couple, but also shoe, dear. It is made in a pair. So, if the one is lost, then another one has no meaning anymore. It is like me without you.”
Well, let’s stop this rituals of listening quietly. Philosophy of shoes? This really such a disgusting joke. But what if I apply it to my boyfriend? I think, it will works. So I passed.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About travelwriting


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.