Existing Member?

Biking to Barcelona

Day 12 Agen to Montauban 54 miles

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 7 August 2015 | Views [155]

Day 12 started slowly. It ended 54 miles in 4:04 later - we were still so shattered from yesterday!

Although we woke at our usual 6am with the intention of getting going by 7am, this was not the case. Shiambi had sore hip flexors and needed extra rubbing, Jassar had sore knees and needed extra rubbing and Taitoko couldn't open her eyes. We fluffed around so much it took 2 hours to get organised.

Once on the bikes we found another lovely french cycleway. However today after 13mins we had our first stop - Taitoko needed to take her jacket off. And why she needed it on in the first place ....? Who knows as it was already close to 20 degrees. We stopped again after 10miles then 17 and 27miles. Finally found that ice cream and Chantilly combo in Massaic! Yum, yum!

Before setting off again Shiambi was sent into the resturant to refresh our drink bottles with ice cold water. She was greeted by a friendly fellow who thought it be most helpful to fill the bottles with red wine instead to give us that extra boost 😉.Shiambi with wide eyes and fear streaming across her face frantically shook her head kindly and pressed for the bottles to be filled with 'Aqua, water, l'eau...Please!'

Not too much later we came across a giant water feature where Shiambi and Taitoko let out their inner child. Jassar caught their antics on camera but was not tempted to join in as she did not want to squish and squelch in sopping padded shorts back on the bike. Once cooled we cycled on calling out bonjour to the keen outdoorsy types also walking or cycling in 39 degree heat. Every man and his dog was out today!

After another Coca Cola break Taitoko again forgot to click out of her peddles and slid down a wire fence! As laughter emanated from the bystanders (Jassar and Shiambi) Taitoko picked herslf up with her foot still locked in the peddle, 'Nothing to see here, let's go you donuts!'

Jassar's final words of the day before reaching the trio's destination were 'I don't care just get me there in 11km or less!'

Ever the navigator Taitoko got the pack to their overnight digs in 10.9km (shhhh, that's what she told Jassar).

Can somebody order us a pizza in French?

About tourdefriends


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.