Existing Member?

Ireland's Own

The Drivers of Paddywagon Tours

IRELAND | Wednesday, 20 August 2014 | Views [278] | Scholarship Entry

At the age of five I had the fantastical notion that I would watch every single film that was ever made "in the whole wide world." As I got older, I questioned this aim, but my passion only became more enlivened. My first job was in a local pharmacy at the age of fourteen and when I eventually saved enough money for that much coveted 125 dirt bike, my parents responsibly, steered me towards my other great passion, helping me to buy a Panasonic Camcorder.

I would edit the material on the camcorder itself, at the time, the crude functions of "crop", "snip" and "move" where enough to satisfy me and my small audience (my family), but when my best friend turned sixteen I made my first short film in dedication to her.

I went on to study Film Studies in Trinity College, Dublin. This is where I made my first short called, Derek Houdini, written, directed and filmed by myself. After leaving college, I managed to impress my boss enough to get a few weeks off my regular duties to produce some films for his company, one of which is my entry, "The Real Drivers of Paddywagon Tours".

Film is all I want to be involved in, though it's hard to get the work and experience in Ireland, I always gravitate back to film and this opportunity would be one I would grab with both hands, as unfortunately, they are limited in Ireland at this moment and time. It's my passion and truly feeds my soul, so winning this competition would mean having the chance to do the thing that I feel I most belong to.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

About sophietheunicorn


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.