Existing Member?

Brenda and Sarah take on Oz!

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 28 May 2014 | Views [640] | Comments [1]

In just over a week, I will be boarding a plane for the long flight to Melbourne, Australia. Just how long is the flight? With the time difference and length of the flight, I leave Thursday and arrive on Saturday!

I am so excited for this month-long adventure in the outback. Australia has always been on my bucket list and I had given up on getting there any time in the near future since it's not somewhere you visit for a week or two - you really need at least a month. Even with a month, I feel like we will be kept very busy and we are sticking to only the East Coast! 

This trip came together quickly and fairly last minute for me. Over dinner one night, Brenda mentioned her travel plans and the flight she just booked to Oz. With longing in my eyes, I expressed my envy on what would for sure be a wonderful trip. With that Brenda told me to join her and sent me her flight itinerary. 

"Yeah, sure" I said, the practical part of me immediately dismissing the thought.

And yet, as often is true in my life, the stars aligned in several unexpected ways and within a week I was texting Brenda: "It's official, I'm joining you in Australia!". 

With that, our planning in coffee shops and via Skype commenced. We contacted the many people we know who have lived in or who currently live in Australia. We ordered our guidebooks, collected all sorts of advice (some of it contradictory!), put together a calendar outline and got very excited. 

We will be starting in Melbourne, spending a couple days in Uluru and then making our way to Sydney. From there we will make our way up the coast, likely stopping for wine in Hunter Valley, perhaps skydiving in Mission Bay, surfing in Byron Bay and shopping in some of Australia's many markets. 

Whatever we end up filling our days with, we are looking forward to making wonderful new memories with new and old friends.

We'll do our best to keep you updated on our adventures on this blog - stay tuned!

Sarah

Tags: adventure, australia, beach, byron bay, friends, melbourne, memories, planning, surfing, sydney

 

Comments

1

Enjoy the trip Sarah!!! Keep wait for the stories and pictures

  kara May 30, 2014 9:08 AM

About sarahlizweaver


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.