Existing Member?

Chicago: City of Neighborhoods

Your Backyard - Chicago: International Travel In Your Own BackYard

USA | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [983] | Scholarship Entry

Taylor and I share an interest in international travel. However, here’s the catch: Taylor has been out of the country and I have not. Nevertheless, we wouldn't dare let the lack of funds stop us from traveling the world together. We set out to experience international travel in our own backyard. Known as the “City of neighborhoods” Chicago is comprised of more than 200 different neighborhoods. Each one has its own unique identity and cultural inspiration. Our film sets out to introduce visitors to an undiscovered side of Chicago beyond Downtown. We were able to experience the music, food, and fashion from three very diverse cultures without leaving the city.
We’re both aspiring filmmakers, Taylor behind the camera and me in front of it. We've worked as local production assistants in Chicago and recently began filming our own projects. Our ambition as a filmmaker and presenter is to continue to create more travel films, to eventually highlight the day that I finally travel outside the U.S. We are also passionate about human interest stories. Winning the scholarship will give us the opportunity to have a mentor to help us hone our craft and to continue to grow as story tellers.

Tags: travel film scholarships 2013

About saltmediaproductions


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.