Existing Member?

Seeing Through Heaven's Eyes

Beyond The Wonders

PHILIPPINES | Sunday, 6 September 2015 | Views [282] | Scholarship Entry

I am Bernard Borja. I'm an Information Technology graduate. I had interest in making videos and did it for fun and service for others 1 or 2 years ago. It was just last December 2014 when I started to get fully into filmmaking by enrolling in a 2-day course about videography. Since then, I have been practicing a lot and seeking mentorships from people who has been doing videography. I also acquired some of my knowledge and skills about filmmaking through online tutorials and trying to copy the styles of my mentors and other filmmakers. I have been doing video shoot and editing as a service in a ministry and I was also involved in coverage of weddings (4 so far).

I consider myself an eternal student because as the world change, so do the methods and styles of communicating it's wonders to everyone also change. It is my goal to focus on documentary filmmaking, specifically people around the world and their beliefs, when I reach 1 year of starting my career as a filmmaker. I believe that this opportunity will take me to greater progress as I will be learning a lot from a great mentor documentary filmmaker, Brian Rapsey himself.

I can deliver deep messages coming from the people I am with (or will be working with) through my ideas in storytelling. I can connect to people's hearts to bring out what they really desire in life. I take every chances and focus on the person's (or people's) life itself to capture the emotions which is a reflection of their world beyond wonders.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About saintbernard


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.