Existing Member?

The road knows no shackles.

The Vagabond

INDIA | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [2160] | Comments [3] | Scholarship Entry

Often, we have to make do with what life throws at us. We go on with our routine. But then, there are some dreams that don’t let you sleep peacefully. Capturing a million journeys on my camera has always been the reason for my restlessness. An open travel brochure, a map or a friend’s ‘just back’ travel story gets me visualizing the shots in my head. It’s this compelling art of storytelling, of showing the unsaid things through our eyes makes me look forward to tomorrow, when I can do justice to my love for filmmaking. I am a writer from outside, but from inside I have always craved to bring destinations and experiences to life with my camera.
Though today I own a DSLR camera, I used to borrow handy cams and cameras to feed this passion. I have always been a learner, but unfortunately it’s not easy to find proper guidance. I am always looking out for opportunities that will bring me closer to my dream, for I believe travel filmmaking is an art that thrives when you are at the right time, at the right place and with the right mentor. World Nomads Filmmaking Scholarship, fortunately, brings all these great things together and makes me crave for more.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

Comments

1

Congratulations on getting shortlisted... My entry was also about Ladakh ;) haha.... by the way it's a very enjoyable short... have a nice day

  Dibyendu Mrugaraj Sep 25, 2015 2:06 PM

2

Thanks a ton Dibyendu for your encouragement! Hope to come up with more such films :)

  Rucha Oct 5, 2015 11:33 PM

3

You are a woman after my own heart. I live in Los Angeles and test drove a 2016 Harley Davidson tricycle and absolutely loved it. My dream for the 40 years has been to ride from Los Angeles to New York …by way of the southern states in one direction and by way of the northern states in another. Now, I am about to retire and thinking about it once again! You inspire me; thank you.

  Pamela Blair Sep 11, 2016 11:11 PM

About rucha_patil


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.