Existing Member?

Ni De Aqui Ni De Allá

Ni De Aqui Ni De Allá

MEXICO | Wednesday, 17 September 2014 | Views [1315] | Scholarship Entry

I fell in love with the world decades ago. My fascination with Earth and its cultures is what inspired my studies in anthropology and launched a two-year, global journey after university, in 2010. Aside from what I learned in the classroom, what I learned while traveling was just how little I knew, and how much more I wanted to learn and experience.

This scholarship is a chance for me to once again collectively partake in the joy of being part of this planet and give back by sharing all of those amazing adventures on film. I'm endlessly indebted to the people of the world who have let me be part of their homes, cultures, and experiences, while teaching and inspiring me.

Rob and I have been friends for 5 years. I met him before I left in 2010. And while he's always been excited to hear of my travels, I've always been inspired by his incredible talent for film. He's been making movies on his own since 2007, and over the last 2 years, he's taught me a lot.

Rob's always talked about traveling with me. We're both 1st generation Americans interested in all cultures, including our own. This would be a unique opportunity for Rob to connect with his own roots, really see what a life changing journey travel is, and convey that through a craft that he's passionate about.

We want to show that each individual is not just a citizen of a country of birth or residence, but a citizen of the world. Earth is our home, and the better we understand each other, the better all we live.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

About rowlbertos


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.