Existing Member?

Global (Mis)Adventures

Wet Turkey

THAILAND | Saturday, 28 April 2007 | Views [1088]

Thailand is awesome! Of course, I really haven't seen much, but yesterday I was lying in a hut on a big comfortable mat with a Thai woman wrapped around my leg, and with the ocean air wafting in through the windows, and the sounds of the beach and the jungle serenading us, and I thought, there really can't be anywhere better than this, can there? By the way, the woman was a massaseur, and she was divine. Thai massage really is as great as they say it is.

I'm on the island of Ko Tao. I came to dive, but I'm not sure I'll actually make it into the depths of the ocean... I have a wicked cough and honestly, I'm just plain scared. I don't have Shawna to protect me this time and I went snorkelling and felt like I was going to drown the entire time, so I think for now, I'll just relax on the beach, or in the massage hut, or at my awesome bungalow. That suits me just fine, for now.

I've made some cool friends... each of them from Germany. I've also acquired a couple of pets: at my last bungalow, there was 'Sweetpea', the cat, who believes with all her heart that the bungalow is her home. Today I changed bungalows and pets. Now I have 'Frankie', the dog... who enjoys use of my patio.

I decided to splurge and stay one night in a resort bungalow at Sensi Paradise Resort- it looks just like the kind of beach bungalows you see in magazines for the rich and famous... well, sort of... that might be a stretch... but it's got the hardwood floors and big plush beds with white linen and dramatic mosquito nets hovering over the beds. The resort is all about environmental friendliness... guests are forbidden to bring plastic bottles onto the resort property and they provide you with a hemp shopping bag. There is a shipwreck right out front of the hotel and guests are provided with snorkelling equipment to go check it out... that is where I almost drowned. Cool shipwreck, though. Lots of fish and other marine animals looking at me as though I was a complete fool coughing and paddling around like a drowning turkey.

 

Tags: Relaxation

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.