Existing Member?

Fictional and non-fictional

Human humanity

MALAYSIA | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [142] | Scholarship Entry

Sunday afternoon. We crossed the road along the plantation farm, consist of cabbages, wild roses, mosses, and most important, the tea, as the significant signature and tourist attraction for Cameron Highland.

Thanks to an old woman, the cabbage farmer who suggested us to walk along the way, to enjoy the view of magnificent Cameron Highland. All along the way, we met the estate farmers. No signs of other tourists had ever choose this path.

Thinking back on what have we done earlier this afternoon, I remembered he hit his head with a collapsed tree bark, on our way in Mount Brinchang, one of the highest points in Titiwangsa Ranges for a jungle trekking. I'm just worried that we couldn't find way back to our guest house before sunset. He needed the rest because of the pain and drizzle rain.

On our way down the highland, a group of family we met in the middle of the road. It was 4 of them, offering us the mineral water as we looked exhausted.

The steps were taken. The roads were diverged. It always left-or-right direction. We stayed and waited by the roadside for a passer-by, in a need to get the right direction heading to the main road. The information matters for us in that situation. Met with a lorry driver, we asked for direction.

In a gasp of cool air of 24 degree Celsius here in Cameron, we walked going down the gradient, following the guide given by the driver. The cabbage plantation is on the right sides, whereas the tea farm is further away, but visible as it seems to be near on another highland. The road got our footprints and footsteps.

The routine repeated by itself as we met another junction. No signboards to indicate the exit to main road. Luckily, an estate farmer was willingly to guide us and walk together, because he was heading to the same direction. The same things went on and on, again and again for about 2 hours.

We found the main road. Unfortunately, it almost sunset. The last bus should have been passed the road. We entered the Cameron Square as it was just nearby as we needed the transportation for going back. Any people we approached, until we asked a couple with kids.

They couldn't tell as they are not the locals. We straight away walked out to roadside of the main road. We kept walking and trying to stop a car passing by.

Unexpectedly, a car stopped. It was them, the same couple. They offer us a ride as they were heading to the same direction, to Tanah Rata. We arrived safely. May God bless them. Human

To be continued.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About neo-finite


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.