Existing Member?

Knowing

There's a train in motion

SOUTH AFRICA | Sunday, 27 April 2014 | Views [151] | Scholarship Entry

The first time I took a train, I stood, observed and I realized something. A ride on a train is just like the summary of our day-to- day lives. I looked at the train, and I saw many people boarding, young and old, small and great alike. Then I looked at thought; some are boarding to go fulfill their long desired dreams, dreams they wish will soon be turned into reality. Some are boarding to go meet their future wives and husbands, yet others are boarding to escape the marriage life; it has already caused them much pain. The kind of pain they’ve never experienced & the kind no one took the time to warn them about. While the train rests quietly on the railway, I could tell there are people who are boarding to go visit and see their fellow mates and buddies, the kind they wouldn’t hesitate to call best friends. The train prepares for motion and gears up with a slow take off waiting take place, and the people continue to march in. Among the boarding there are some who are depressed because they are headed for a place that constantly requires them to work and do things as a team. Some look to be very down and worried you can assume they are going to bury their loved ones . And among the boarding, well, some are probably just heading home. Then the train takes off. And in my mind I begin to think; our lives are exactly like the train scenario I just witnessed. We all have our sets of dreams and goals that we hope to have fulfilled one day. Dreams that our minds have given up on, yet dreams that our hearts still hold dear and strongly believe in. I learned of the value of our relationships, how precious there are and how important it is that we hold on to them. That even though our marriages are sometimes put to the test, but running away always prove to solve nothing. We just need good communication and a sound prayer to help us find that flame again. The scenario made me look at friendship the way I never have before. I realized how such bonds make us matter despite our weaknesses and shortcomings of our own individual lives. Friends are a part of joyful moments- that's how i concluded. Concerning the depressed, their case made me wonder. What is the problem? Or maybe i got it wrong! But lets say i am right, it is working together and along with others. why would some of us think we can do better on our own? Why would we ever think we don't need others? The train stopped; my station was up. The first time I took a train, I learnt so much about us as people.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About my_reflections


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.