Existing Member?

mearle

Seek Experiences - Una Experiencia Cubana

CUBA | Tuesday, 5 November 2013 | Views [1011] | Scholarship Entry

When considering the theme for our travel video, we couldn’t help but think of Cuba. Different in every way possible to our home in NZ, we were struck by the contrasts in political ideology, way of life, geography and atmosphere. Everything about Havana was new to us. As we walked around the streets we felt as though we were in an open air museum – and this is what we wanted to convey; the essence of a place that we believe is truly one of a kind.

The last 3 years for Matt have been dedicated to honing filming and editing skills. Teaching himself and Ella has been challenging, but with every short film he has improved.

We are currently traveling through Central America, creating webisodes of our backpacking adventure. We aim to convey the highs and lows of backpacking and provide useful tips for aspiring travelers. We both enjoy being in front of and behind the camera. We hope to inspire people to travel and get out of their comfort zone.

Winning the scholarship would mean that we could continue our dream of creating travel videos, and learn valuable skills from a mentor. We believe this is an incredible opportunity, and we are passionate and motivated to work in this field.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About mearle


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cuba

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.