Existing Member?

Air Guitar World Championships

Air Guitar World Championships

FINLAND | Wednesday, 17 September 2014 | Views [1096] | Scholarship Entry

I’m currently a film student in London, and through my school I have worked on several student productions. Over the course of my studies I’ve become more and more interested in directing and editing with a focus on documentaries.

I met in Justin Oulu during the Air Guitar World Championships in 2011, and we immediately hit it off. We’re both naturally very curious people with a strong desire to travel and to throw ourselves in new situations and environments. Most importantly, we enjoy getting to know new people and hearing their stories!

What makes us a good team is that despite both of us having the same fascination and curiosity towards life, we express it in two very different ways. Justin has the ability to make people feel at ease in a very short amount of time. Knowing that he brings out the best in people we want to interview allows me to focus on the side of the process that I love, which is observing the moment and capturing it through a lens. We both learned a lot about this type of storytelling whilst making this video, and the process strengthened our determination to develop our skills further as a team.

Finding out this contest existed has been exactly what we both have been looking for in terms of gaining some experience in a field of work we want to be a part of. It would be truly great to have professional mentoring along with a chance to take the first steps on the long road of working towards our dream careers.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

About mariaandjustin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Finland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.