Existing Member?

The Storyteller

Richard

USA | Friday, 19 September 2014 | Views [1344] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

My love for video comes from the people and stories it gives you access to.

I grew up as an only child in Western North Carolina, USA. In a small town known for its storytelling roots stemming from the Native American Cherokee tribe, all my life I was surrounded by family and friends who shared with me rich histories of past lives. I was cultivated through the storytelling of my family and neighbors and constantly fascinated with people and their imaginations.

This fascination was quickly paralleled with my love for visuals. In college, I majored in media production and history, and I hope to always be learning from and documenting other people and their experiences.

As part of humanity, we have this ability to share histories, to observe, to build on emotions and to learn. Knowing how to effectively convey a powerful message, big or small, through visual storytelling is something I admire and want to improve on.

This scholarship would offer me an incredible (ONCE IN A LIFETIME!) opportunity to learn from a professional while having an extremely fun time doing what I love; making videos, meeting people and experiencing a new culture with new friends. =)

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

Comments

1

Such a fascinating story. Thank you so much for sharing. Great work!

  apriljoy Sep 21, 2014 5:08 AM

About laurenliving


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.