Existing Member?

Laris is away

Posters, propaganda and a better dinner

CHINA | Saturday, 22 September 2012 | Views [509]

Tomorrow Hangzhou will become the 5th destination in my list. We are leaving tomorrow morning in a fast train -whatever it is-, that promise to arrive just 56 minutes after departing from Shanghai's train station. 

The weather was pretty bad this morning when we headed to the French Concession to find the Shanghai Propaganda Poster Art Centre.On the way, we stopped by a restaurant the served cantonese food and had a good experience with a non-greasy meal. 

The propaganda centre is quite hard to find, specially if you are relying in maps that are anything but precise. After getting lost in the beautiful streets with fantastic architectures, we arrived in the basement of a compound, where the centre is. The exhibition is fantastic and the collection is great. I wish the owner could have more space and open the gallery in a more central area (not a residential building). I've been to a propaganda/poster gallery in Ho Chi Min City and found the one in Shanghai more organized, with its historic value highlighted in every caption.

To summarize: it is well worthy. Scratch your pocket to release 20RMB and enjoy. The Centre also has a little shop where you can buy original posters and copies. A single poster copy costs 100RMB, but if you buy 4, the individual price drops to 50RBM each. It's a terrific souvenir!

*

Jut before going to the museum we passed by supermarket in the street below. We found parmesan, salami, arugula, cherry tomatoes and olive oil. In the next door there is a bakery where you can buy fantastic bread and good baguettes. All together cost exactly 87RMB! 

And that, beloved readers, was the dinner tonight. 

p.s.: the chinese wine we bought yesterday is still around. "DYNASTY".

Tags: china, propaganda poster centre., shanghai

About laris


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.