Existing Member?

Local Encounters

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 16 June 2011 | Views [358] | Scholarship Entry

The subject of this video inspired me because it showed me how one person can make a difference in someone’s life. With all the combinations of small acts it can create a bigger movement. It was the first time I really went out in the Philippines and experienced local culture.

I am currently living in the Philippines pursuing my career as film maker. I moved out here for an internship with a production company but I quickly realized that the subject of Fashion Reality TV is not what I wanted to cover. I wanted to make documentaries. I have interned at many places but I have never had the opportunity to be mentored and especially in documentary.

This scholarship means so much to me because I will have a chance to meet amazing people and not only will they influence me but hopefully I will influence them. I will also be able to work one on one with a mentor who can give me feedback about my work. I truly believe you learn something new every day and you never stop learning. It will also help me with my confidence in my work and to gain true field experience.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About lain


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.