Existing Member?

Europe or BUST I am going to Iceland for 21 days on a volunteer expedition in east Iceland, actually. I will be donating my time to do organic farming with my workcamp. After that I will be on my own to backpack around Europe. Feel free to send me messages !

London, England - the whole weekend.

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 19 October 2009 | Views [506]

This is truly a city you must explore for more than one weekend, I mean I only came here to breeze through the big parts of the city and experience the savory nightlife in London for just the weekend, and I did just that. This place is very expensive and my backpacker budget simply cannot afford to stay here any longer until I find a decent job.

A friend of mine introduced me to a Londoner who I think is a total peach, charming person indeed.  Saturday night was a great night starting at The Eagle and then partying at XXL, I do believe it has been the highlight of my European excursion so far.  So thank you Andreas for showing a foreigner vagabond traveler a great time in London, and thank you Dirk for putting me in touch.  

Great to meet you as well François, big hugs :-)

The one thing I haven't done here is visit the national museum or any other museums.  It's tough to do all that when I'm lugging around a heavy backpack that is not only annoying to me but to others around me.  The museums will always be there, and I will certainly have a place to live so I can return and see all that there is to be seen.

tonight I leave around 22:00 via National Express bus to Amsterdam, arriving to Amsterdam tomorrow morning around 10:45am.  I'll stick around there for a couple days and then head en route to Berlin where I feel like I will finally plant my feet down and relax for a bit.  I will have officially traveled for 2 months straight by November 1st, seeing 6 countries in a 2 month period. That's enough for me, for now anyway.


ULVER IN ATHENS NOVEMBER 14TH

ahhhh I can't wait.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.